No matter how wholesome your diet is or how physically active you are, there are some health problems that you can’t escape. When they come, the first instinct is often to find a quick fix. This is to be expected as getting the services of a medical practitioner doesn’t come easily. Not many people fancy taking drugs either.
So, if you’re one of those people who type in questions on search engines like, “Which coffee beans are the best for treating a particular ailment?” - because coffee is one of your most favorite things and because of how therapeutic it can be - you are not alone. That’s why this post is dedicated to providing you with easy solutions to five common health problems.
It’s safe to say that one in five people experience at least one of these health problems. Keep on reading and get armed with solutions that will help you deal with them when they next occur. Let’s get right to it!
Catarrh is defined as inflammation of the mucous membranes in one of the airways or cavities of the body - usually with reference to the throat and paranasal sinuses. Not only does catarrh render you weak, but it can also be pretty embarrassing. Imagine being in an important meeting and you have to keep stepping out to blow your nose or hold a handkerchief to your nose. Definitely not a pleasant sight - seeing as how it is caused by the reaction of the body’s immune system to cases of irritation or infection. It is surely a health problem we all have to deal with at some point. The good news, though, is that it can be solved right from the comfort of your home with steam inhalation.
- Steam Inhalation. This involves placing your head over a bowl of hot water and, as the name depicts, inhaling the steam. For optimum results, you should throw a thick blanket or towel over your head to keep the steam from escaping. This method works because the steam causes the mucus in your nasal cavities to loosen and clear. Make sure to not place your face too close to the water to avoid burns.
Words cannot do justice to the uncomfortable feeling that comes with a backache. Whether it’s a result of some physical activity, poor posture or just age-related, the pain can be quite unbearable. While the pain will go away itself even without treatment, you might not be interested in playing the waiting game. In that case, you should:
- Place a hot compress or ice packs on the affected area to numb and reduce the pain.
- Get an over-the-counter pain relief medication like Ibuprofen. It will relieve you of the ache in good time.
- Common Cold
Sneezing, sore throat, and coughing are only some of what you have to deal with when you have a common cold. At some point, everyone has to deal with it. While there is no exact cure for this health problem, there are solutions that can help you feel better and ease the symptoms.
- Saltwater Gargle. To get this, dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water and then gargle it. This act is very effective with relieving sore throat pain.
- Lots Of fluids. From hot chicken soups to tea - and the best of all water - it is important to stay hydrated when you have a common cold. The science behind this is that lots of fluid would help to clear the nasal passage as well as thin the mucus.
Dysmenorrhea is the medical term for menstrual cramps, which are caused by uterine contractions. If you’re a lady, then you know too well how unpleasant dysmenorrhea could be. Here are some solutions to help you feel better when dysmenorrhea strikes.
- Put a hot water bottle or a warm towel on your abdomen or lower back as heat helps the muscles to relax.
- Massage your abdomen and lower back to relax your pelvic muscles and relieve pain in these areas.
- Get moving! While it might be easier said than done, engaging in exercises during your menstrual period is sure to help relieve cramps. It could be an activity as simple as walking. You could also run, do yoga or swim. This works because exercise is known to release the hormone endorphin, which is known to help relieve pain or stress.
Dealing with a head that just won’t stop pounding can be quite frustrating. It’s impossible to effectively carry out any activity when dealing with a headache. Other than the everyday, over-the-counter medications you most likely are familiar with, here are effective ways you can relieve a headache.
- Soothe the headache by massaging your temples and neck. Massaging boosts blood flow and helps to relieve the ache.
- Apply a warm cloth or an ice pack at the base of your skull or around your neck to ease tension and reduce inflammation.
- Take caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea. Caffeine constricts blood vessels and goes a long way in relieving headache symptoms.
When it comes to these common health problems, relief no longer has to be far from you. Apply the solutions above and you will get relief in good time. Cheers!
Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Jason K. Strauss is an art student at The University of Chicago and also a blogger and affiliate marketer. Passionate for reviewing kitchen products, he excels at writing about healthcare products. Don’t forget to hop on his blog Home Kitchenary for more interesting information.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.