While oils are often spoken of and used in skincare, one oil that is not mentioned often enough is squalene oil. The most common oils that are talked about are coconut oil, olive oil, and more, but squalene oil has just as many benefits for your skin.
What Is Squalene Oil?
Squalene oil has just recently come to light in the area of skincare and has been blowing up the market since. Squalene oil is actually an oil that is produced in our bodies, but the amount that is produced naturally diminishes as you grow older. Because of that, it is important to supplement the lack of natural oils through both food and skincare products.
Though it is made naturally in the body, squalene oil also comes from olives, wheat germ, and rice bran. In some cases, this oil is derived from sharks, so if that is a worry for you, ensure that it comes from a plant first.
Benefits Of Squalene Oil
Just as with other oils, squalene oil has a lot of benefits for your skin health. Below are some of the most prominent benefits:
- Boost Of Hydration: Squalene oil is best known for its hydrating effects. Because of this, when you provide your skin with the squalene it needs, the hydration seeps into your skin thus allowing your skin to stay happy and hydrated.
- More Vibrant Skin: When your skin is hydrated, it becomes naturally more vibrant and healthier looking. When you have the adequate amount of hydration, your skin will become firmer and healthier overall.
- High In Antioxidants: On top of being great for hydration, squalene oil is also high in antioxidants. Because of this, it will help you to fight off any skin damage including sunspots, fine lines, and scarring.
- Protection From Free Radicals: One of the biggest threats to skin that is often not recognized is free radicals. Free radicals are dangerous to your overall skin health, but squalene oil allows you to protect your skin from free radicals and prevent damage from them.
- Anti-Aging Effects: Because of all of the above benefits, squalene oil can help to fight skin aging. For example, it can minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Detoxifies The Skin: This is not as clear as to how it detoxifies your skin yet, but research has shown that squalene oil also has detoxifying effects and elements.
- More Collagen: When you regularly apply or use squalene oil, your collagen levels are boosted. With more collagen, you will get firmer skin because collagen is a naturally-occurring element that keeps your skin firm and strong.
Overall, there are many oils that are good for your skin and skin health - one of which is squalene oil. Squalene oil is naturally produced in the body but reduces as you age. Because of this, applying it regularly is important for your skin appearance and health. There are many benefits of squalene oil, so it is a great choice to benefit your skin.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.