Written By Abigail Wise / Reviewed By Ray Spotts
Exfoliators, whether they be body or face exfoliators, are used to scrub away any dead or dry skin to leave it feeling smooth and beautiful. This is also healthy for your skin because it allows the healthy skin to come through to the surface, leaving your face healthier and cleaner.
Best Face Exfoliators
The modern-day array of face exfoliators allows you to find the perfect one for your skin type. After using exfoliators, whether physical or chemical ones, your face will be brighter, smoother, and clearer. Here are the top five face exfoliators of 2019:
- The OrdinaryGlycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution: This is a minimalist and straightforward chemically-based exfoliator that is meant to penetrate the skin. It is also very affordable.
- Biologique RechercheP50 PIGM 400: This formula is a very potent chemical exfoliator and, because of that, is not meant for sensitive skin but works miracles for non-sensitive skin. It can be gentle, but strong and helps clear your skin of unwanted problems.
- PixiSkintreats Glow Tonic: This is often seen as the P50 dupe in that it is similar, but gentler. It is made of 5% glycolic acid so it is as effective in cleaning the skin, but it is not as irritating.
- Sunday RileyGood Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment: This serum is known for having a perfect five-star rating at Sephora and for good reason. It has an odd smell due to the lactic acid in it, but it is great for moisturizing the skin.
- Paula’s ChoiceSkin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid: This product is made of a mix of beta-hydroxy acids that are known to clean out the pores and leave the skin looking clear and bright.
Best Body Exfoliators
Did you know that we lose over 50 million skin cells a day? If we don’t clean these off of our skin, they will sit there and not allow other cells to shine through. To scrub all of the dead skin cells off, you have to use an exfoliator, and there are plenty of them on the market today. Here is a list of the top five body exfoliators of 2019:
- Herbivore BotanicalsCoco Rose Coconut Oil Body Polish: This is ideal for those with sensitive skin because it does not contain any harsh chemicals. Instead, it is made of fine sugar granules that will soothe your skin while wiping away the pesky dead skin cells.
- DoveBody Polish Crushed Macadamia And Rice Milk: This is an environmentally-friendly exfoliant option that will hydrate the skin without drying it and can be used on any skin type.
- Cane + AustinFace & Body Retexture Scrub: This will not only clean away the dead skin but will also help to clear the skin of any acne or impurities. It is a chemical and physical power duo.
- Frank BodyOriginal Coffee Scrub: Coffee in skincare can help to regulate blood circulation and in turn reduce the appearance of cellulite. It is also packed with almond oil to hydrate the skin and is great at rubbing away dead skin.
- Shea MoistureAfrican Black Soap Bamboo Charcoal Body Scrub: This is more than just an exfoliator. On top of being an amazing exfoliator, the charcoal in this product helps to absorb any extra oil and impurities in the skin, leaving your body clean and soft.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.