Having dry hands is something that many people across the globe suffer with, and while it is nothing to be ashamed of, it can become quite uncomfortable and embarrassing. On top of that, severely dry hands can cause a lot of skin irritation or sometimes even pain.
There can be a few different causes for dry hands, the most prominent of which is environmental conditions such as weather. Another common cause of dry hands is washing your hands too much or even skin conditions that cause your hands to become very dry.
With this being said, there are several methods to keep your hands moisturized and soft. Below are 10 remedies to fix all of your dry hand problems in a snap.
- Use Moisturizers: Moisturizing is the first step in making sure that your hands are not dry. Before you try anything else, you first want to buy lotion and moisturize your hands daily.
- Wear Gloves: If you are in constant contact with water or cold weather, you may want to consider wearing latex or cotton gloves. These can help to protect your hands from either an excess of water or cold.
- Limit Your Stress: An excess of stress and worry can make your dry skin get even more dry and cracked. This is especially true if you suffer from conditions such as eczema. Because of this, try to reduce the amount of stress you are under to help promote healing.
- Take Medication: If you have other skin conditions such as eczema or other dry skin conditions, there may be different medications that you can take to help relieve some of the conditions.
- Try UV Light Therapy: This is something that you need to ask your doctor about, but it can be effective in helping your skin to heal. You do not want to do so without your doctor’s approval, but it may be a good option if nothing else is working.
- Use Overnight Treatments: One of the most functional methods of healing your dry hands is to treat them overnight. To do so, you can lather on moisturizers that have petroleum in them and put gloves over them as to not get your bedding messy.
- Consider Prescription Cream: If you feel that store-bought moisturizers are not working, you may want to ask your doctor about a strong prescription cream. These can help to heal your severely dry skin.
- Try Hydrocortisone Treatments: If your skin is too dry, it can turn into a condition known as dermatitis. In the case that this happens, hydrocortisone cream may work to soothe the irritated and red skin.
- Use Wet Dressings: A wet dressing is great option to heal and treat your dry hands in order to repair the cracks from dryness. A doctor may recommend that you try wet dressings to heal the cracks.
- Consider Heavy-Duty Moisturizers: Oddly enough, some of the deepest conditioning products are those that are meant for animals. This may seem weird, but products that were originally meant for animals such as cows are strong in that they were intended to heal tough cracks and moisturize dry skin.
Overall, if you suffer from dry or cracked hands, you may want to consider trying one of the above remedies. Because dry hands can turn into something worse, it is important that you treat your dryness before it gets to the next level.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.