You dont need expensive skin care products to have glowing, healthy skin. Heres 7 tips to help you reduce your skin care costs.
- Before beginning any skin care routine it is important to identify your skin type. Oily skin is shiny and greasy. Dry skin is flaky, itchy or rough. Normal skin is clear and not sensitive. Sensitive skin may sting or burn after product use. Combination skin is dry in some areas and oily in others.
- Inexpensive petroleum jelly moisturizes dry skin and finger nails. It also comes in handy for treating minor injuries. Do not use it on your face because it may cause acne.
- Always pay attention to the ingredients in the products you are using. Products containing retinol are recommended for those concerned with wrinkles and fine lines. Cleansers that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicyclic acid are known to help those with acne-prone skin.
- One of the most effective ways to maintain healthy skin before heading outdoors is to wear a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Be sure to also reapply sunscreen every few hours after swimming or if you have been sweating a lot. It is also a good idea to use dual-function products such as a moisturizer with a sunscreen.
- Before applying skin care products it is a good idea to cleanse your skin to remove dirt, oil and debris as well as help prevent breakouts and clogged pores.
- To keep from irritating the skin or making signs of aging more noticeable, it is a good idea to limit your number of skin care products to just a few. Only use one anti-aging product as well.
- Use moisturizers that are oil free or non-comedogenic because they wont clog your pores. Another great idea is to apply your moisturizer after a shower when your skin is damp to lock in the moisture.
Every good skin care routine should follow three simple steps: cleanse, treat and prevent, says Amy J. Derick, MD, FAAD and clinical instructor of dermatology at Northwestern University. Sunscreen prevents wrinkles, sun spots and even skin cancer, making it the most effective skin care product you can buy. With so many products on the market today, the skin care aisle can be overwhelming. If you have questions about how to take care of your skin or if you arent sure of what type of skin you have, ask a board-certified dermatologist.
Looking for 100% all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.