Written By Sancket Kamdar / Reviewed By Ray Spotts
A workout can be just as effective as a professional gym session, and you might realize that it’s easier to fit home gym workouts into your busy schedule when you don’t have to step out of your house to go to the gym. These workouts can help you stay fit and keep your muscles growing.
Here are some recommendations for the best home workout with the least amount of home exercise equipment.
The Best Band Exercises
Resistance bands are excellent for a strength training routine. This versatile and effortless tool will be your new favorite workout buddy. Exercise bands come in an assortment of resistance levels, from highly stretchable to heavy-duty strength. We have listed the best band exercises you can add to your fitness routine.
- Lateral Walk: The lateral walk is the ultimate way to enhance hip stability, strengthen the gluteus and increase the firmness of the knee joint
- Abduction: This is a resistance band exercise that primarily targets the outer thighs. This variation is excellent for core muscles and is pivotal for balance and athletic activity
- Deadlift: Resistance band deadlifts mainly target glutes, hamstrings, hipflexorsand the lower back.
- Clamshell: The clamshell exercise focuses on the glutes. It’s a straight forward exercise but is incredibly effective
- Bicycle Crunch: Doing the bicycle crunch using a resistance band is a fantastic exercise for building core strength and toning your thighs.
The kettlebell is a one-stop-shop for a superb full-body workout. The possibilities of variations using a kettlebell are endless.
- Kettlebell Split Squat: The kettlebell split squat is an ideal exercise for beginners and helps increasing strength and muscle mass in the legs
- Kettlebell Renegade Row: This variation targets nearly every muscle in the body, however, emphasizes more on the back, arms and core.
- Kettlebell Romanian Deadlift: This workout is an effective muscle and strength builder and is an excellent exercise for warming up before performing heavy lifting workouts.
Speed Rope Workouts
Speed rope workouts support burning fat and losing weight while gaining lean muscle mass. It provokes the cardiovascular system while boosting coordination and muscle strength.
- Knee tuck-up: Knee tuck-ups deploy extreme muscle force, but they provide powerful results. They can challenge your muscles, help burn calories quickly and increase your strength and endurance.
- A 12-Minute Circuit: This powerful circuit workout works your entire body and helps you burn calories and build strength anytime, anywhere. The key to this workout is to really go all out during each 30-second interval.
There are endless mat-based exercises which support strength-building workouts. We have listed below a few of the most effective ones:
- Pilates: Pilates can build long-lasting stability and muscle endurance, and is suitable for all fitness levels
- Push-Ups: Push-ups are a total body workout; they equally engage your shoulders, back, and chest
- Mountain Climbers: They build cardio endurance, agility and strengthen the core. Several different muscle groups are used while performing them
- Planks: This is undoubtedly the most simple, effective bodyweight exercise that requires no equipment and can be performed just about anywhere
Dumbbells are a trainer’s go-to whether your goal is to build muscle, increase lean mass or tone your body. Dumbbells come in a variety of styles, including fixed, adjustable, studio etc. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages. Depending on your goals and fitness level, one may be better for you than another.
- Floor Press: The dumbbell floor press is a shoulder-friendly upper body pressing exercise that toughens the chest, shoulders, and arms
- Bent-over Row: This works a lot if you want to increase the upper body muscles. Mostly targeting the back, this is key for building muscle thickness
- Reverse Fly: A bilateral exercise which strengthens the upper back and the posterior side of the shoulders. This exercise uses multiple muscles located in the shoulders and back and is commonly used in back training sessions.
- Cross Body Hammer Curl: An excellent exercise for adding dimensions to the biceps and also targets the top of the forearm. This is a significant variation to build grip strength.
- Dumbbell Lunge: Dumbbell lungestarget glutes, hip-flexors, quadriceps and also works on the abs, calves and hamstrings.
Go for a gym kit. It includes basic workout equipment for home gyms. The training set is versatile and can be simply used without professional guidance.
These are some of the easiest and most effortless exercises. Performed in endless variations, they make a great workout session. The workouts hit all the major muscles of your body, including the chest, back, shoulders, arms, legs, and abs. Give it a try, ease into it, and achieve the kind of body you always wished for.
Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Sancket Kamdar, a certified weightlifting coach and a successful entrepreneur, founded SF HealthTech with a single goal in mind – to bring high quality, international standard exercise equipment to help fitness enthusiasts and athletes reach the next level of fitness. When he's not working on new equipment ideas and designs, he loves to create educational content about health, fitness, nutrition, and wellness. He also writes to help budding entrepreneurs on running and growing a business based on his experience.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.
Photo by Kampus Production from Pexels