Types Of Exercise
There are four types of exercise that are recognized, each coming with a different set of benefits. Dont just choose one type of exercise, but rather vary your workouts to incorporate in some way all four. This will give balance to your regiment, making it easier to build muscle, lose fat, and remain fit:
- Aerobic These exercises will work to increase your endurance, and will raise your heart and breathing rates. Out of all the exercises, these will help your cardiovascular health the most. Activities such as dancing, swimming, jogging, and playing basketball fall in this category.
- Strength These exercises work to increase your muscle mass. Even small changes here will make a huge difference. Lifting weights and using a resistance band will work here.
- Balance Starting out with balance exercises will help you all throughout your life. Lower body strength exercises will increase your balance as well. Try standing on one foot or Tai Chi to accomplish this.
- Flexibility These types of exercises will stretch your muscles, keeping them in the best working shape. This can increase your muscles capacity, making it easier for other activities to be accomplished. Try yoga to increase your flexibility.
All of these exercises should be implemented into your habits in some way or another. Each can bring benefits to your health, increasing your fitness and longevity.
The Mayo Clinic has identified the top benefits that can come from exercising. Find a way to make physical activity in some way a daily part of your life to take advantage of these:
- Maintain your weight Whether you are trying to lose weight or just maintain the weight you have, exercise will help. Your weight distribution will consist of more muscle than fat with the calories you burn.
- Lower your risks for disease If you have a family history of high blood pressure or heart disease, it is more important than ever that you take all the steps necessary to prevent these diseases. Healthy eating is important, but it isnt enough. In addition to this, exercise can prevent against Type 2 diabetes, types of cancer, depression, and arthritis.
- Its cathartic Exercise has been proven to improve your mood and relieve stress. Through getting your body moving, chemicals in the brain are released that can help you feel happy and relaxed.
- Itll give you energy If you are tired of feeling tired, do something counterintuitive: get off the couch and go exercise. This will boost your endurance, making it easier to do everyday activities no matter your age.
- Sleep better If you have trouble falling asleep or even staying asleep, exercise can help. Make sure to do your routine well before bedtime to ensure you will be ready to fall asleep once night hits.
There are many benefits that can come from regular exercise. Make sure that you create an exercise routine to use in your daily life to ensure you maintain a healthy lifestyle. This will bring many benefits, each crucial to a fitter you.