The tick population is growing and that is quite concerning. These bugs can potentially carry, as well as spread, diseases. Nevertheless, they can also bite and cause skin harm. Common skin rashes and even fatal skin infections can be caused due to the bites of ticks. Getting rid of them is a matter of great concern.
Ticks generally do not spread any fatal disease, but one needs to be careful about avoiding their bites. Getting bitten by them can cause potential skin infection and allergic reactions. So, when you find them on your body, you should remove them immediately in order to prevent any possible harm.
In order to escape tick bites while outdoors, people are suggested to wear clothes that cover skin well. Full-sleeve shirts or long pants help in this matter. Despite such precautions, people find that ticks are clever enough to reach bare skin on your body. To remove ticks, the following methods have been suggested by experts.
- Use Tweezers: Tweezers can help remove ticks efficiently. Using rubbing alcohol, first sterilize the tip of the tweezers and then remove ticks from the skin.
- Pull Upward: When you notice ticks on your skin, you should pull upward with the pressure of your fingernails. Other objects like combs can also be used. Do not twist or squeeze the tick on your skin, as it can potentially break off and possibly stay in your skin.
- Clean Bite Area: To prevent infection at the bite area, clean the area immediately with soap and water. Rinse the skin as well to ensure removal of the ticks.
- Dispose Of Ticks: Ideally ticks should be disposed in air-tight bags or sealed jars so they are restrained from further reproduction.
Along with the things that are mentioned above, you need to know about prevention tactics. Prevention is actually more advantageous than cure. Thus, expert dermatologists urge you to keep the following things in mind.
- Avoid Woody Or Bushy Areas: If you are walking through woody or bushy areas, ticks can easily attach to you. So, you should try to avoid such places, especially those known as hatching areas for ticks.
- Cover Skin: Wearing full-sleeve shirts and avoiding shorts helps prevent tick bites. Wearing light colored clothes can also help because insects are naturally attracted to vibrant colors.
- Use Repellent: A lot of tick repellent products are available online and in store. Using them is always helpful to kill and remove ticks. Some of the products can be applied to your garments before wearing and will keep the ticks away from you.
You can develop different kinds of physical disorder syndromes after being bitten by ticks. So, if you experience light fever, skin rashes and other various syndromes, you must consult with a certified physician. Preferably, you should visit a professional dermatologist. With proper medications, skin infections can be prevented with precision. Follow medication and precaution guidelines to stay safe and completely protected from fatal diseases or infections.
About The Author
Serene Hitchcock is a professional freelance writer, blogger and social media strategist from San Diego, California. She has been writing for several years in many forms and facets and is interested in arts, health, self-improvement, current events and the world we live in.