If your veins appear to be larger than normal and protruding from the skin, you may be suffering from what is called varicose veins. Varicose veins occur when the veins in your body become swollen or enlarged. These swollen veins can either be painful or just a nuisance on your body.
If you suffer from these, you don’t have to any longer. There are some amazing remedies that you can try from home to reduce the appearance of these veins. Below are some of the top home remedies for this condition:
- Exercise Regularly: Exercising regularly can help your body to increase circulation in your legs while also lowering blood pressure. Some of the best exercises to do so include swimming, walking, cycling, and yoga because they are low-impact but still effective in circulating blood flow.
- Wear Compression Socks/Stockings: You can find proper compression stockings at most pharmacies. These stockings or socks will help to apply pressure to the legs that improve blood flow and circulation.
- Apply Plant Extracts: Some topical plant extracts such as horse chestnut extract can help to reduce pain and heaviness which will in turn reduce the appearance of leg veins.
- Make Changes To Your Diet: If you only consume salty or sodium-filled foods, your body will retain an excess amount of water. Because of this, it is important to cut down on those kinds of foods and instead eats foods that are high in potassium and fiber.
- Consume More Flavonoids: Flavonoids can shrink your veins by improving the circulation throughout your body. It will also help to reduce the blood pressure that builds up in your arteries.
- Try Herbal Remedies: Grape seed extract can help to reduce the swelling in your legs as well as reducing the appearance of veins. However, if you are taking any blood-thinning medications, avoid grape seed extract at all costs.
- Don’t Wear Restrictive Clothing: Tight fitting clothing such as skinny jeans or tight pants can restrict the blood flow to certain parts of your body. Because of this, wearing looser clothing can help to allow circulation to the areas where the veins are irritated.
- Elevate Your Legs: A way to improve circulation to your legs is by lifting them higher than your heart. By doing so, you are reducing the pressure in the veins and allowing your blood to flow more smoothly.
- Get A Massage: By gently massaging and applying pressure to the areas affected by varicose veins, you can get blood flow moving more regularly to those areas of the body. Do not press directly on the veins, however, because this can cause unwanted damage.
- Move Around: If you are constantly sitting for long periods of time, these veins can become even more prominent and visible. If you find yourself sitting for a long time throughout the day, take little breaks to get up and move around so that your blood with flow regularly. Also, avoid sitting with your legs crossed because this can restrict blood flow.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.