For individuals who prioritize nourishing and pampering their skin, they probably own a large collection of beauty products. The problem is, since skincare items come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, it’s tough to always keep them tidy in the bathroom. Before you know it, that stash of exfoliators and moisturizing serum can clutter on countertops and create utter chaos under cabinets. Then, this mayhem can make it extremely hard to find a particular product when getting ready each day
Is this scenario all too familiar? Are there tricks for getting organized? Yes. In fact, to keep a bathroom as beautiful as your complexion, here’s how to properly store those favorite skincare solutions:
- Throw away everything that’s expired or unusable. It’s as true of skincare as it is of clothing: duds can accumulate. Maybe you tried a face mask and didn’t like it, but the big bottle still takes space in the medicine cabinet. Perhaps you’ve been saving a stash of extra under-eye cream, not realizing two of your containers are past their expiration dates. Whatever the case, take time to go through all your skincare items and dispose of what you can’t use. This frees space so you can arrange useable products.
- Group like items. Once all your skincare items are in front of you, start grouping. Put all the moisturizers in one pile, scrubs in another, sprays in another, etc. This shows what size of containers - trays, bins, shelves, etc. - are needed for each section.
- Separate the everyday staples. You probably have certain go-to products that are used daily. These essentials don’t need to be stored in their categories. Rather, they should be somewhere accessible so you can grab them quickly and conveniently. Designate an open shelf near your vanity or an easy-to-reach drawer for these must-haves. The most-used products should be convenient to find.
- Put other regulars nearby. Even the products you don’t use every day - but rather once a week or a few times a month - are worth keeping accessible for convenience. Simplify daily routines by setting aside these less frequent yet still reliable favorites in another easy-to-reach spot. Maybe it’s a shelf right above or below your everyday section, for example.
- Create storage areas for various categories of skincare. At this point, start organizing remaining skincare products into a system that works for you. Perhaps keep all your soaps on one shelf and lotions on another. Put all your sugar scrubs together and all facial oils next to them. Whatever the case, if possible, group the entire stash, divided into sections, into one central location, such as a cabinet or closet. This ensures your skincare products are right where you need them.
- Display the most attractive products. In the world of beauty products, some brands make unique, eye-catching packaging meant to be showcased. Display favorite bottles and containers. You may also want to keep cotton balls, makeup sponges and swabs visible in clear glass containers for the aesthetic factor.
Ultimately, organizing skincare products is a lot like organizing anything else: See what you have, divide by category and arrange items neatly. To do this in your bathroom, follow the six steps above - and make your daily routine even more calming and comfortable in the process.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Erica Garland is Content Marketing Manager at Modern Bathroom and has 15-plus years of experience in the bathroom renovation industry. Modern Bathroom sells a variety of products you would need for any bathroom renovation project. With such a large selection of vanities, faucets, sinks, toilets and showers, Modern Bathroom is sure to have the perfect piece to give your bathroom an updated look.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.