Green tea is most often used as a drink that is full of antioxidants and things that are good for your body, but many people fail to realize that it is actually very good for your skin as well. Green tea has health benefits such as detoxing, reducing blood pressure, and limiting cholesterol, but it also has an entire list of other benefits as well.
In recent years, green tea has become more common in skincare and skincare products.
There are many benefits of using green tea for your skin, but below are the top six benefits:
- Fights Skin Cancer: Green tea in skincare is known for its ability to heal and repair DNA. This can in turn help to fight against dangerous skin cancer cells through its antioxidant properties. On top of this, it can also help to repair UV damage that causes skin cancer as well as reduces the appearance of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduces Inflammation: Green tea is most famous for its anti-inflammatory properties in both drinks and skincare products. Within green tea is a good amount of polyphenols, otherwise known as catechins. These catechins are elements that help to reduce any irritation or redness on the skin.
- Treats Acne And Clogged Pores: If you suffer from problematic skin such as acne, clogged pores, or more, green tea can be a great antibacterial product that can help to treat any acne or blemishes by cleaning deep into the pores. Because the polyphenols in green tea fight bacteria, it can reduce the amount of acne by killing the bacteria and infections at the root.
- Provides Vitamins: Green tea is high in vitamin B2 and vitamin E, both of which are important for skin health and appearance. These vitamins help to uphold the collagen levels needed to make your skin look young and firm. Vitamin E is also great for promoting the growth of new skin cells which allow your skin to remain clean and refreshed.
- Shrinks Puffiness: If you deal with puffiness or dark circles around your eyes, green tea can help to reduce the appearance of these by shrinking the blood vessels that build up around your eyes. The caffeine and tannins that are found in green tea can help to depuff and lift your eyes to look refreshed and youthful.
- Stimulates Hair Growth: Along with the benefits that green tea provides your skin, it can also help to promote hair growth by stimulating your hair follicles.
Overall, green tea, though it is great as a tea, can also be used as a skincare product. With its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it can leave your skin feeling and looking youthful and refreshed. On top of that, there are also crucial vitamins and benefits of green tea that can hydrate and heal your damaged skin for a youthful appearance.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.