A fit and healthy workout doesn’t necessarily mean a hardcore workout every day. It may involve exercises that focus on your overall body. Yoga has a number of poses in its practice, each for a different purpose and comes with a myriad of benefits. It is certainly difficult to choose the right one as per your body requirement. A fit and healthy workout improves your health and provides strength and flexibility to your body.
Performing yoga every day allows greater ease while practicing the poses. It prepares your body for the next level of yoga, and increases confidence in the body to try a different pose each day. Moreover, a workout kick starts your day to keep you fit and healthy the entire day. So, what features should be kept in mind while choosing poses for you? A good workout must be able to fulfill the following:
- Channel the energy
- Bring strength and flexibility to the muscles
- Cleanses the brain, heart, vessels, veins, and arteries
- Protect the body from diseases or illness
- Improve the immune system of the body
- Release stress and anxiety
- Bring balance and develop focus
- Upgrade an individual’s overall personality
Some yoga poses have been shortlisted for you. These poses will keep you fit and healthy. All you need is a willing heart.
- 1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations): Energy is the basic need of the human body. Not having enough energy makes you dizzy. It is troublesome to complete your daily chores when you are low on energy. Therefore, your morning workout must start with Surya Namaskar. This pose warms up your body and triggers the nervous system. It syncs your body with the breathing process. This pose is believed to channelize energy to the seven chakras of the body. These seven chakras influence directly on the physical, emotional, mental as well as social wellbeing. The impact on the chakras helps with the upcoming events of the day.
- 2. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana): As mentioned earlier, your everyday workout involves exercise for your overall body. Sitting in the office the entire day lowers your metabolism. This pose is the second solution to your workout. The bow pose focuses on your shoulders, back, chest, front of the hips, and groin. It massages your digestive organs, improves posture of the body and helps in running bodily functions smoothly. Everybody wants to look fit. This pose helps you lose those extra pounds. It also promotes proper circulation of blood while treating various diseases or illnesses. Alongside physical stretch, it relieves you from stress and anxiety.
- 3. Big Toe Pose (Padangusthasana): Hectic work schedules drain the brain too and you may feel like an insomniac at times. No medicine may treat it, but this pose will. It cleanses the brain for the desired functioning. This cleansing of the brain relieves you from sleepless nights and anxiety. It also ensures proper circulation of blood in the head and upper body. The asana stretches the hamstrings and calves, and strengthens your knees and thighs. It regulates proper functioning of the kidneys and liver. An effectively working renal system withdraws chemical substances from the body. For women, it soothes the syndrome of menopause.
- 4. Cow Face Pose (Gomukhasana): Prepare yourself for the fast paced life of the modern world. This pose is perfect to provide strength to your knees. If you are suffering from knee pain, it will be relieved. While in the structure, it strengthens the spine and abdominal muscles. Staying in the pose for 10 to 12 breathes gives power to ankles, thighs, shoulders, armpits, chest, and triceps. It stretches the muscles and relaxes them when you release the pose. Sitting in the pose improves the functions of the kidneys. This pose also stresses the overall body. Apart from specific benefits, it helps in weight loss and treatment of diseases like diabetes
- 5. Dolphin Plank Pose (Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana): This pose is most recognized around the globe. The reason is its benefits. Like other poses, it also affects your overall body. Flat and toned abs are easily noticeable through this pose. Transferring the body’s weight on the arms makes them strong. Holding on to this pose also strengthens your thigh muscles. As the stress is on the arms, abs, belly, legs, knees, and back, it works on all of them independently. Staying in the pose for longer will allow better blood circulation. If you have just started experiencing backache it will be cured eventually. Regular practice of this pose will enhance the body’s posture.
The above mentioned poses focus on your overall body. You can also add modifications to these poses as per your body’s requirements. So, don’t just sit around, move your body, make it flexible and live a healthy and happy life by incorporating yoga into your daily life.
Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Bipin Baloni is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. He provides Yoga Teacher Training In India. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas. Website: https://www.rishikulyogshala.org/