In a desperate search to relieve my dry, chapped hands, I stumbled across a lotion full of something called emu oil. Within weeks I found myself clapping my newly softened hands with delight!
Emu oil is the extruded body fat of the emu, a gigantic flightless bird in Australia. [Think ostrich, only shorter.] Yep, I was slathering on the body fat from a big bird who cant fly! This may fall under the category of TMI [too much information], but the benefits of emu oil are too wonderful to keep to myself.
It is used as a healing balm by people suffering from sore muscles, inflamed knees, achy joints, and shin splints; and even wrist pain-caused carpal tunnel syndrome. It can soothe and heal skin rashes, cuts, razor burns, and bruises. It is also effective in the treatment of age spots and wrinkles, acne-reddened skin, sun damage, and minor insect bites. Stretch marks, keloids, surgical scars, athlete's foot, and diaper rash all succumb to the amazing healing properties of emu oil.
At least 70 percent of pure emu oil consists of fatty acids; the lions share of that is oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated Omega 9 fatty acid. The remaining 30 percent is Omega 6 and Omega 3. This composition gives emu oil a level of emolliency that is unsurpassed by other products, including those containing the purest lanolin.
In this instance, I'm not quoting learned scientists or researchers here. This is a declaration based on a decade of experience - my own! Its my immediate go-to skin repair therapy, especially during this time of year when the air becomes drier as the seasons change. My hands, nails, and cuticles feel marvelous! Granted, products containing emu oil can be a bit pricey, but to me and my deliciously soft, smooth hands, its worth every penny!
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.