Written By Dr. Anu Isaac, DMD / Reviewed By Ray Spotts
These days, people with misaligned teeth and oral problems have been relying on cosmetic dentistry to boost their self-confidence. It is known as the branch of dentistry which successfully transforms your oral appearance with an aesthetic makeover.
Every cosmetic treatment is going to advance your emotional and psychological well-being, in addition to enhancing your oral and physical health as well. Below are the benefits of a cosmetic dentistry treatment:
- Social Life - Usually, people whose teeth are in poor condition hide their smiles for fear of social isolation. Your confidence is bound to take a hit if someone comments on your oral condition. The ideal solution is to sign up for cosmetic dentistry. With a brand new and improved smile, you are likely to be more confident in social gatherings, paving a way back into groups, and satisfying the social animal in you.
- Appearance - A gorgeous smile is one of the many attention-catching aspects people notice first. The transformation post a cosmetic treatment will make you look healthier and more alluring. You will feel comfortable in your skin.
- Career benefits - You cannot hide the lack of confidence that comes with uneven teeth and unsuitable oral health for long. If you are embarrassed about your smile, you may hold yourself back from various opportunities in your career. With cosmetic treatment, the more you smile without reservation, the more influence you are going to establish on people around you.
- Overcoming trauma - For people whose damaged teeth are the result of defects during birth or any past traumas, cosmetic dentistry can offer healing effects. It will encourage you to reclaim your self-worth. Armed with a stunning new smile, you can move beyond your past and embrace yourself all too well.
- Let your overall health shine through – An excellent smile is a sign of a well-rounded oral hygiene routine as well as supreme overall health. A suitable dental hygiene habit has a significant impact on the rest of your body too. Did you know that a healthy oral condition is capable of keeping you safe from heart diseases, headaches, jaw pains, or cardiovascular diseases as well? Investing in a comprehensive cosmetic treatment is an excellent way to overcome a majority of health risks.
Cosmetic dentistry options one can consider:
- Teeth Whitening - During a 60 to 90 minute in-office teeth whitening, dentists rely on active ingredients such as Carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide to react with your tooth enamel. That is followed by advanced internal bleaching procedures to eliminate discoloration and deep-settled stains. The extraction of food build-up and stains from the cavities of your teeth get you the whiter looking teeth you desire.
- Porcelain Veneers - Dental veneers are made of porcelain. They are thin laminates that are fixed to the surface of your teeth using cement. People having crooked, fractured, or chipped front teeth, gaped front teeth, discoloration in teeth, and misalignment issues should opt for porcelain veneers.
- Dental Crowns - Dental crowns are ideally prescribed for reviving a damaged or broken tooth, making cosmetic modifications, or for protecting a weak or severely worn down tooth from decay. It also helps in covering dental implants, discolored teeth, and to hold a dental bridge firmly in place. Dental crowns enhance the durability and functionality of your teeth and extend their lifespan.
Don't choose to sit back and suffer from low self-confidence due to your smile problems anymore. With so many options available to take your pick from, pay a visit to your orthodontist, and begin your cosmetic dentistry treatment soon.
Looking for a 100% all-natural liquid tooth oil and mouth rinse? Check out OraMD Original Strength and OraMD Extra Strength. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Dr. Anu Isaac, DMD, runs a successful dental practice in Salem, Mass. As the founder of Coral Dental Care, she is dedicated to creating healthy, beautiful smiles for her patients and also educating the dental and non-dental community with her engaging articles on all things related to oral health, recent dental innovations, and the latest treatment modalities.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.