Written By Lara Buck / Reviewed By Ray Spotts
Masks are the new normal of our daily life. The market has been flooded with various disposable face masks since the coronavirus was initially known as a pandemic in early March 2020. They come in various designs, colors and styles that allow users to express themselves to meet their styles and needs.
Through this disposable face mask online buying guide, you can learn more information that will allow you to choose the suitable mask correctly. First, let's learn how to select the best disposable masks.
Reusable Or Disposable?
Reusability is the first issue you will have to tackle. The reusable masks are available in various configurations. Some disposable face masks even have pockets to insert the removable filters, which make the mask much safer to use. Some masks are just designed to cover your nose and mouth. If you don't have an option, then using the reusable mask is better than nothing.
But using reusable masks might not be the best one for you. If you work in the food industry, then it is advised to use disposable masks. If the establishment doesn't have strict rules to clean the reusable masks, they become the primary source of contamination. Also, using the same face mask daily may make you ill so it's best to use disposable face masks.
Respirators Versus Masks
Disposable face masks online help you and others from coming in contact with airborne droplets. While a respirator can even prevent the droplets, some particles might get inhaled by the mask wearer. Respirators are very difficult to use appropriately and there are various respirators for different face configurations and situations.
How To Choose The Perfect Mask
There are various types of disposable face masks online with features that make them better for specific users. Your goal is a suitable face mask for your specific situation. Now you will learn about how they are being evaluated by the standard organizations.
All the face masks have something in common. They must seal your face completely around the nose and mouth so that the air comes through the filters, not from the edges and gaps.
When buying a disposable face mask online, there are certain factors to be aware of. Read on to know further.
- Fluid resistance: The masks are being tested to see the resistance of fluid penetration by shooting synthetic blood at the mask from multiple high velocities. The masks are inspected from the blood penetration, and based on that, the masks are passed or failed.
- Breathability: The masks are tested by their breathability. The air is passed through a mask, and then the air pressure is measured accordingly. Low breathing resistance will indicate the comfort level for the user.
- Bacterial filtration: The bacteria is used to measure the bacteria percentage, which is larger microns filtered by the masks.
- Particulate filtration: The latex concentrations are used to measure the particle percentage more significant than one micron, which is filtered out by a face mask in the airflow chamber.
- Flammability: The mask materials are exposed to a flame, and the time is taken for expanding the flame five inches. This is what results in inflammability. The class one rating means that the materials exhibit flammability and can be acceptable in clothing.
Nowadays, masks have become our best friends. Therefore, choosing suitable disposable face masks online has become very crucial. Instead of choosing low-cost masks, you should go for the masks which have many filters.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral care, skincare, body care and foot care. If you are looking for more health resources check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Lara Buck is a knowledgeable and qualified blogger.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.