One of the best ways to improve your overall general health is to increase your intake of water. Water provides you with numerous benefits, and being the primary source that sustains all living form on earth, one needs to ensure that adequate water is consumed daily to avoid dehydration.
On the other hand, soda or sugar-sweetened beverages can cause a lot of health issues, such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease etc. Also, sugary drinks/beverages have zero nutrient value. As such, it is best that you switch to water or fresh juices for a healthier lifestyle.
Ill-Effects Of Soda And Sugary Drinks
Sugar-sweetened beverages are not limited to soda, energy drinks, sweetened tea and coffee, fruit juices with added sugar, sports drinks etc. It can be any liquid that includes added sugar, such as maltose, fructose, high-fructose corn syrup, glucose, sucrose, corn syrup, among others.
- Regular consumption of sugary drinks can impact your health in the long run, causing weight gain, increased blood pressure, breakouts, wrinkles, pancreatic cancer etc.
- It can erode your teeth enamel, leading to tooth decay and cavities.
- It can increase bad cholesterol level and lead to other heart-related diseases.
- It can also weaken your bones and make your cells age faster.
- More importantly, it can lower your fertility rate and affect your cognitive functioning.
How Replacing Them With Water Can Help?
By replacing sugar-sweetened beverages or soda with water, you can:
- Lower the risk of many diseases: Cutting down on sugary drinks can help you to improve your blood circulation level. It can help prevent obesity in children. It can reduce the risk of kidney stones and lead to greater absorption of essential nutrients.
- Boost metabolism: Sugary drinks can increase the risk of metabolic disorders, which can lead to weight gain. Thus, when you replace these drinks with water, you can boost your metabolic rate, which will help you lose weight faster and promote good health.
- Get a healthier skin: Water helps to flush out toxins from your body, thereby nullifying the effects of sugary drinks, and leading to a glowing and healthier skin complexion.
- Makes bones stronger: Since the large part of our muscle composition comprises of water, by making the switch from soda to water, you can maintain strong and healthy bones, as water helps absorb and retain essential minerals.
For more information on the amazing health benefits of water, check out the infographic below!
Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral care, skincare, body care and foot care. If you are looking for more health resources check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.