Thanks to modern dental options, this can often be done without having to get actual braces because, as an adult, braces often aren’t the best option. However, before we get into what can help fix protruding teeth, we must first understand what causes this problem.
Causes Of Protruding Teeth
Below are some of the most common causes of protruding teeth in adults:
- Thumb sucking as a child: While thumb sucking as an infant won’t cause protruding teeth, sucking your thumb as your adult teeth grow in can result in your teeth growing in the wrong position.
- Placement of jaw pushes teeth forward: In some cases, you are simply born with a jaw that forces your front teeth to be pushed forward by your bottom teeth.
- Born with larger teeth causing overcrowding: If you have larger teeth, your mouth can become overcrowded thus pushing the front teeth farther forward to accommodate for the lack of space.
Fixes For Protruding Teeth
While protruding teeth can be an annoyance and an area of self-consciousness for some people, the good news is that they can be fixed and moved into the proper place. As stated before, this can be done without having metal braces put on, so you don’t have to worry about that.
Below are the top methods you can use to fix your protruding teeth:
- Get Invisible Braces: Invisible braces are one of the top modern resources for those who want to fix their teeth. There are many brands that sell clear braces, so search around and find one that works for you. Invisible braces will help to fix the misalignment between your top and bottom jaw thus reducing the appearance of your protruding teeth.
- Try Clear Aligners: Clear aligners, similar to invisible braces, are often used to adjust the placement of your teeth. They will not be visible at first glance, just as invisible braces, so you can fix your teeth without those embarrassing metal braces.
Overall, protruding teeth can be a nightmare to deal with. Not only can they make someone self-conscious about their appearance, but they can also cause health issues. There are quite a few causes of protruding teeth, some being genetic and some being voluntary, but the good news is that they can be fixed.
One warning to those trying to fix their protruding teeth is to never try DIY methods or at-home remedies. These attempts can actually cause more damage to your teeth that cannot be fixed. Instead, stick to trustworthy methods such as finding a company that sells invisible braces tailored to you or getting some clear aligners to adjust your teeth without worry.
There is no more need to feel self-conscious about your smile. Be proud and smile big.
Written By Abigail Wise / Reviewed By Ray Spotts
Looking for a 100% all-natural liquid tooth oil and mouth rinse? Check out OraMD Original Strength and OraMD Extra Strength. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.