Many people fear using face oils because excess oil is what causes acne and breakouts in the first place, but that is not what face oils do. In fact, face oils have a variety of benefits that can truly help your skin to thrive and look healthy without a lot of hassle.
Using face oils in skincare routines is a very old-fashioned trick to keeping your skin looking new, refreshed, and young. Not all face oils are the same, just as with any other skincare products. It is important to find the ones that help your skin rather than hinder it, and we are here to help with that.
Below are the top 7 benefits of adding face oils to your skincare routine:
- Wrinkle Reduction: If your skin is not protected from pollutants and UV rays, it can suffer from free radical or sun damage. With facial oils that are packed with antioxidants, your skin will be protected from this damage, leaving your skin looking young and radiant while minimizing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Dry Skin Hydration: Because of their hydrating benefits, facial oils can be particularly helpful for those who suffer with dry skin. They will fight against dry patches and rough skin to give your skin the smooth and serene look it craves. Coconut oil can be a great oil for those who have dry skin.
- Barrier Protection: Oils will seep deep into your skin and trap all of the moisture in while fighting against the toxins that try to get in. This can help to protect your skin barrier and keep your skin looking clean and refreshed always. This is particularly important for those who live in areas surrounded by smog or other pollutants.
- Priming Action: Facial oils can also act as a great primer for your daily makeup routine. The best priming oils are mandarin and pumpkin since they are able to quickly seep through the top layer of your skin and provide it with the hydration it needs. This hydration provides for ideal skin to layer makeup onto.
- Pore Minimization: If you are self-conscious of your pores or want to reduce the appearance of them, oils such as macadamia, jojoba, and camellia can be of great benefit to you. These oils help to clear your skin of the grime that makes your pores look larger. Some oils sold at stores can have adverse effects on pores, however, so be wary about which ones you choose to invest in.
- Rash Treatment: A large amount of facial oils contain great anti-inflammatory properties. These properties can be very soothing to any rashes or skin irritations. Some of the best face oils for this situation include argon and yangu oils as well as geranium oil.
- Zit Banishment: Face oils such as tea tree oil can be very good and healthy treatments for zits or other facial blemishes. Tea tree oil will not cause more acne but will instead minimize any appearance of already-existing impurities. Jojoba oil is also a good option for banishing zits along with your acne medication by adding needed moisture back into your skin.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.
Image by Natalija Tschelej-Kreibich from Pixabay