Rice water is a very underappreciated hair and skin treatment that can leave you looking and feeling amazing. It is often overlooked, though it definitely shouldn’t be. Rice water can be produced from rinsing your rice, and it is packed with properties that can help your skin and hair look healthy and beautiful.
How To Make Rice Water
All you will need to make your own batch of rice water is some uncooked rice and water. In this case, I used ½ cup of rice and 2 cups of water. Below are the steps in making rice water:
- Rinse the rice under water - this will allow the rice to be clean and pure!
- Place the clean rice in a bowl and soak it in 2 cups of water- soak it in water for 15-30 minutes!
- Strain the rice- place the water to the side and prepare it for use!
Below are some of the best ways to use and take advantage of rice water and its amazing benefits:
- Use As A Cleanser: The simplest use of rice water is as a facial cleanser. Apply some rice water to a cotton ball or pad and rub it over the face. Once applied, let your skin air dry. Using this every day will provide your skin with the vitamins and nutrients it needs to thrive.
- Tone Your Skin: If you suffer from discoloration and need a good skin toner, look no further. Just pour some of your rice water onto a cotton pad and apply it to your skin.
- Treat Breakouts: The soothing effects of rice water can help to reduce redness on the skin as well as prevent the skin from breaking out in the future. Just apply some to your face and see the difference.
- Treat Eczema: Because rice water has starches in it, it can be great for relieving the discomfort caused by eczema and dry skin. Simply dampen a washcloth with rice water, then let it sit on the irritated part. Do this for a couple of minutes before allowing the area to air dry.
- Soothe Irritation And Burns: Through its anti-inflammatory properties, rice water can be used to both soothe irritated skin as well as reduce the inflammation caused by sunburns. You can either add the rice water to your bath or put it straight on the skin. Make sure not to take a hot bath with a sunburn.
- Defy Your Age: Rice water can also be used as an age spot treatment and for other discolorations on your skin. To make this treatment, just mix a teaspoon with some fractionated coconut oil. From there, rub it into your face and neck. If you don’t have coconut oil, you can also use jojoba oil or rosehip oil.
- Use As A Hair Rinse: Rice water can give your hair the shine you have been looking for as well as making it feel strong and healthy. After applying shampoo and conditioner, just pour the rice water on your hair, massage it in, then rinse it out. This can be done once or twice a week for the best results.
- Condition Your Hair: After shampooing your hair, simply work the rice water in from the roots to the ends. You can even add some scents through essential oils to make your hair feel silky smooth and smell amazing. Let it sit in your hair for 10 minutes before rinsing it out.
Looking for 100% chemical-free, all-natural nourishing face and body oils? Check out Earth & Elm Nourishing Face Oil and Earth & Elm Nourishing Body Oil. Subscribe to our Trusted Health Club newsletter for more information about natural living tips, natural health, oral health and skincare. If you are looking for more health resources make sure to check out the Trusted Health Resources list.
Abigail Wise is an aspiring teacher, writer, and editor. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing as well as working towards her teaching credential. She hopes to receive her Masters of Arts in English as well as go on to be a full-time teacher, writer, and editor.
Founder Ray Spotts has a passion for all things natural and has made a life study of nature as it relates to health and well-being. Ray became a forerunner bringing products to market that are extraordinarily effective and free from potentially harmful chemicals and additives. For this reason Ray formed Trusted Health Products, a company you can trust for clean, effective, and healthy products. Ray is an organic gardener, likes fishing, hiking, and teaching and mentoring people to start new businesses. You can get his book for free, “How To Succeed In Business Based On God’s Word,” at www.rayspotts.com.