- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Hair loss
- Weight Gain
One way of combating stress that wont cost you anything more than your time is meditation. Whether or not you have any of these kinds of conditions, you can feel the effects of meditation even if its just for five minutes a day. Just like with exercise though, the more you can do it, the better. There are many types of meditation, but whichever you choose, do it as often as possible. Whether its during the day, or when you lay down to go to sleep at night.
For a quick meditation, try these few steps:
1. Take a deep breath, hold it, and count to four, then release it. As you release it, feel the tension in your body begin to drain away.
2. Repeat the deep breath, but this time hold it until a count of eight and again feel the tension lift as you exhale. Try to allow your entire body to go limp.
3. Take a third deep breath, and hold it as long as you comfortably can this time. Feel your entire body relax as you let it out.
4. Concentrate on your breath. Try to imagine seeing the air going in and out of your mouth, expanding and relaxing your lungs.
5. Imagine the oxygen filling your lungs and entering your blood stream as fresh, new energy. Energy that will revitalize your whole body. Imagine the air you breath out to be all the stress and anxieties you may carry with you.
6. Repeat this whenever you can.